From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of czadna sacarawicz
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:02 PM
To: feline leukemia list
Cc: Karin Jennings; Deborah Abendroth; dancingreenwo...@yahoo.com
Subject: [Felvtalk] took Yahmuna (FIV+) to vet yesterday to get vaccinated
for feline leukemia

why be difficult when with a little extra effort you can be impossible.

took Yahmuna to vet yesterday with intent to get vaccinated.  she had been
sneezing during week. gums were inflamed as before.  no drooling.  she
sounded wet.  no discharge from eyes or nose. vet noted no temperature.  vet
listened to lungs.  I pointed out her teeth.  he said she needed to go on
antibiotics - - her lungs - - her teeth - - could go into pneumonia.  I
reminded him that two weeks ago he said no antibiotics - - only treat when
symptomatic.  I said I wanted to wait.  he said why would I wait?  I said
antibiotics have not generally been helpful for her.  I came home with
doxycyline which 30 hours later I have not started.

in fairness to him.  was hint of greenish mucus at nostrils this morning.  a
tissue applied only came away wet.  she sneezed and there was greenish mucus
which landed on the sink.  last night her breathing sounded somewhat
high-pitched.  not today.

I did not say I was not going to do anything.  have been giving more vitamin
C. started the PetzLife oral gel.  continuing chicken broth and humidity of
shower and humdifier.  did a 20 minutes of car therapy (carrier in car - -
curved car windows capture heat).  I have almost drowned on drive to airport
from my own sinus drainage.

your comments?  thank you.

  _____

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 05:39:30 -0800

I had a cat like that - Sounded like upper resp because of scar tissue. She
had been a street cat for many many years & vet said it was due to not being
treated for URI's. They said they could do surgery & clear out the scar
tissue, but it might come back, so I opted not to do it. She always sounded
like she had a URI, but she didn't.

Beth

  _____