From: Christiane Biagi <ti...@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Link to Story about Caboodle Ranch Rescue Effort
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Friday, March 2, 2012, 9:04 AM

Most of the time these big raids end up in the lap of the local
rescues/shelters.  Usually the big orgs like PETA, HSUS, ASPCA provide
transportation to various rescues & shelters who then have responsibility for
the animals.

As far as the law referred to would only require that no animal in a shelter
would be euthanized if a legitimate rescue is willing to take it.
http://www.floridarescueact.com/ While local rescues are universally advocating
for this bill, the big organizations are all against it.  In NY, my home state,
ASPCA has spent millions pushing the “quick kill” bill which would, among other
things, allow shelters to immediately kill any animal they deem to be under
“psychological pain”