I don't know what the truth is here but I do know PETA is no friend to any animal, they KILL more animals that, shelters, hoarders or abusers put together. They are EVIL. Their agenda is to make animal companionship illegal ... period!

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/downloads/PetaKillsAnimals.pdf

This has been known for a long time ... take the time to learn the truth.