I don't like the sound of this.  What happened?  Did the kittens die shortly
after they lost use of their back legs?  Did you ever find out what causes it?
I've been telling myself that she'll probably die young and not to be surprised
if it happens before she's a year old but I can't help but love her and want to
keep her around as long as possible.