Your place sounds great!  Just wish it was that way all over the world.  I live
in a rural area and strays don't fare too well.  If they are a problem, they
get shot, especially cats.  Hunters consider them good practice for hunting
season.  Just learned couple of months age that one community doesn't have a
no-kill or kill shelter, they just start up a car and stick their noses in the
tailpipe - dogs and cats.  A group of us are working on stopping that one.
Problem is that so many here don't consider that wrong, just one of the facts
of life.  Wish I could win the sweepstakes, I would take on all orphans and
strays, human and animal.