I don't doubt it.  Can you move the feeding station?
On Jun 3, 2012, at 7:50 PM, dot winkler wrote:

Hi. I was the one who wrote that e-mail. I just read your response. I'm telling you that the cats are afraid to go in there now - into the bin with the dry food now that I have started refilling it. They are not even eating it. It is fresh food as i just refilled it. I tried to coax one of the cats to go in and he backed off. They are skiddish lately. Because that raccoon was so large and not afraid of anything - it was running around in the area where their little houses were and coming right up to their meat while they were eating in daytime hours. Perhaps it is the skunk smell that also is around but that never seemed to bother them in the past. ???Dotty

From: Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 2, 2012 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FW: RACCOON GETTING INTO CAT STATION

I can't find the email from someone who thinks that the cats are avoiding the food because the feeding dish/station smells from raccoon. This is definitely NOT the cause of the cats avoiding the food. It's probably the food. It may be stale or they are just tired of the flavor. When I was feeding colonies, the cats and raccoons were eating side by side, except when a raccoon got too greedy and chased the cats away. But the cats always returned to what was left of the food and finished it off.