Lee, would you like me to send you my holistic stomatitis protocol?   It
worked on both my cats (not Felv+, though), one of which had it so bad that
blood spurted out his mouth whenever he opened it.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A false negative is possible but not probable since they were living
> together before you took them in or at least had contact with each other.
> FeLv is NOT as contagious as vets would have you think but I do isolate the
> positives from the negatives anyway.  Steroids are only to be used in
> extreme emergency. They should not be given as a continuous medication.  I
> do give my cat with stomatitis a steroid shot every two to three months if
> needed, maybe less if the stomatitis looks like it is interfering with his
> ability to eat.  Other than that, I stay away from continuous medications
> in general.  The liver and kidneys can be severely stressed and compromised
> by having to deal with continuous doses of medications (poisons is what
> they are even if they are supposed to only poison viruses and bacterium).
> Controlling disorders by a good natural diet is a terrific way to control
> or eliminate most problems.  The occasional antibiotic shot or steroid
> should be given when needed of course, but always question the vet as to
> why it would be needed and would there be an alternative to giving the med.
>

> Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty
> neighbors too!
>

>   ------------------------------

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Here's the current growing list of true No Kill communities:
http://www.nokillhouston.org/no-kill-shelters-in-north-america/

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/

More fun watching: http://vimeo.com/nokill/videos