Holistic Stomatitis Protocol

Note that holistic approaches take longer than do allopathic ones.   These
the supplements we've been using, but it doesn't mean some aren't
optional.  What seemed to turn things around was one course of antibiotics
along with Coptis Purge Fire.  You may have to continue with Coptis Purge
Fire forever.   We've just gotten rid of the stomatitis symptoms and have
not tried stopping the supplements.   It's better than extractions, which
some say only work 50% of the time, and are expensive and invasive to boot.

Supplements
Health Concerns  Coptis Purge Fire (2 tablets if 1 doesn't work)
CoQ10  30mg (Dr. Clark)
Vitamin A  25000 IU (Metagenics Mycelized Drops)
Vitamin E (dry, no soy)  200 IU (may be optional)
Lysine  500mg
Standard Process Whole Body Support  1/2 to 1 tablet
Standard Process Immune Support  1 tablet
Tumeric  450mg   1/2 capsule

Can also try:
Colostrum 100mg / Lactoferrin 10mg (separate from food)

Palliative Homeopathy
(as opposed to Classical---not really recommended, but here for
completeness)
Mercurius 30C

Meds
Antibiotics if really, really bad infections.  Can do it once to get things
to a level at which the cat can recover with supplements.  Use probiotics
separately (that is, at least an hour apart) for stomach flora.

Cleanings
Non-anesthetic sonic cleanings to keep gums clean.  In Los Angeles, Kim
Haba is an excellent dental tech (see below) who can do such cleanings.
Don't feed ground bones if they are getting caught in any gum pockets; use
calcium carbonate supplments instead to balance the Ca:Phos ratio (about
1400 mg per pound of ground meat).

Topical
Oxyfresh in the water.

Pus in gums: Myrhh. Make a dilution by adding 1 teaspoon of the tincture
(the alcoholic extract) to a cup of water. Gently apply this to the gums
once or twice a day. Either use a soft toothbrush or, if the gums are too
sensitive for this, flush the gums with this solution using a syringe.

Diet
Raw diet, per http://catnutrition.org   My recipe with local suppliers
available on request from khargrea...@gmail.com

Developed with the help of Dr. Audra MacCorkle
http://holisticanimaldoctor.com  and the forum folks on
http://holisticat.com

Dental cleanings in the Los Angeles area:
Four Paws Dental Care
Anesthesia Free Teeth Cleaning for Dogs and Cats
Kim Haba
310-699.0036
k...@fourpawsdentalcare.com

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Natalie <at...@optonline.net> wrote:

> Kathryn,****
>
> I now that you posted the holistic stomatitis protocol a while back, I
> thought that I saved it, but can’t find it.****
>
> I would very much like to try it on two of our FIV+ cats with stomatitis –
> one case is severe, one just a little.  ****
>
> However, those cats are not easy to handle…would I be able to use it on
> them?****
>
> Natalie  =^..^=****

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Here's the current growing list of true No Kill communities:
http://www.nokillhouston.org/no-kill-shelters-in-north-america/

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/

More fun watching: http://vimeo.com/nokill/videos