Hello All,

My cat Gertrude Penelope Pennyapple is a one year old baby and she has had FELV
probably since she was born. She has always been very healthy despite the FELV
and a chronic upper respiratory infection, but recently (Sunday night) she
contracted a UTI.  She had a urinalysis at the vet and 130 dollars later she
was diagnosed with an UTI, and Struvite Crystals were present in her bladder.
I was given an Antibiotic called Orbax and given Hill's Science Prescription
diet S/D.  I bought a bag of Dry Food and a couple of cans of wet.

My picky/anorexic cat hates both of them! She ate 1/3 of a can of the wet food
yesterday, but hasn't touched it today, and she just kind of giggled at the dry
food and turned away.

After reading a few articles online, I'm kind of mad they sold me the dry food
in the first place, since a big part of the struvite crystals is water intake!

I was wondering if anybody has dealt with this issue before, and if so what
kind of food/diet did you switch to?

Before the prescription food I was feeding Gertie Whiskas brand meaty
selections dry food, and occasionally their wet food as well.  I used to feed
her exclusively Blue Buffalo Wet Food, but this summer funds were tight so I
switched to the Whiskas, and she seemed to like it more anyway!

So any suggestions/experiences would be welcome and helpful!!

Emma Beauchamp