Thanks for your note Lee.  I am an "old hand" when it comes to long term
care for a sick cat.  We nursed Oliver's brother, Milo, for 3 years with
CRF and a heart condition.  I cannot count the number of subQ sessions,
pills, and assisted feedings I did.  Through all of it I educated myself on
every aspect of the disease and treatments.  Our first vet told us we have
3-6 months, and we had that and a lot more.  I also went through several
vets until I found one who seemed not only to understand but to try.

All of what you said makes sense, but I also wonder about his fever.  On
Thursday it was 105 but tonight it is normal.  What could be made from
this?  He did get a antibiotic shot.  I assumed that the fever was being
caused by the virus, but I guess it could have been due to something else.

Thanks again.
Don and Oliver