How are Oliver's kidney values?

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Lorrie
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2012 9:58 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Need advice for our cat Oliver

Don, It is amazing that Oliver has lived to be 15 with a FelV+ status. Most
of my FelV+ cats either die of anemia or they lose the use of their back
legs due to tumors on the spine.  If Oliver has made it this long I'd just
keep him happy and and give him plenty of TLC.  15 is about the end of life
for most cats anyway, and the fact that he lived this long is proof you are
taking excellent care of him.

As for your other two cats.  At 14 and 16, they are also reaching the end of
their lives, and I think they will be fine if they haven't gotten the virus
so far. Just keep all three of them happy and stress free.  This really
helps, and I have found heroic measures don't help, they only prolong the
inevitable..... pain and stress for the time the cat has left as well as
well as emotional and financial hell for youself.

Lorrie