From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Edna Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:04 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 2 Darling Devils..

We have two cats at our house that had Calici when we rescued them and it
should not be a lifelong stigma because once they are over it and continue
to get an FVRCP vaccination every year there should be no issues.  Also, if
they are adopted into a household with other cats and those cats are
vaccinated, there should not be a problem with them either.

I have never heard of anyone not wanting to adopt a cat because he/she had
the flu when he/she was a kitten.  Basically, that is what the Calicivirus
is, the flu, and while it CAN (and often does) kill a cat, not adopting
because a cat was once sick seems ludicrous to me.

Send me some pictures and I will circulate them

Edna
Texas Siamese Rescue

  _____