Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:53 AMI get the same response from hostile people.
"Trees and vegetables are
living things so you can't eat that either."  Well, I will never be seen
munching on a tree.  I'm not a woodpecker but my idea is that I never
eat anything that had a face or could move on feet, claws, feelers, or
any way else. Most vegetables (except politicians) are meant to be
eaten.  So are fruits.  When I was growing vegetables, I would allow a
certain number of them to go to seed, to fulfill their need to
propagate. The rest I would eat.  Humans have a choice.  Carnivorous
species such as cats, lions, birds of prey don't have a choice so I
wouldn't expect them to be made into vegetarians.  Unfortunately, here
comes the problem.  If we all stop eating animals, then we won't kill
cows, sheep, pigs and the cats won't have meat in their cat food.  But here's
the solution.  They
rarely have much meat in the cat food anyway.  The first ingredient in
most store products is corn meal.  I assume that we could produce a
balanced cat food with enough Taurine and other ingredients to satisfy
physical needs of a carnivore like a cat if everyone in the world became
vegetarian.  However, thinking that everyone will some day become
vegetarian is rather unrealistic, like those people who think that if we spay
and neuter outside cats, colony cats, etc. we will some day not
have any more cats and dogs on Earth.  Actually, this happened in one
city.  They picked up all the cats and killed them at the city animal
pound.  Altogether, 2000 cats were destroyed.  It was a small city.
Everyone rejoiced.  The outside roaming cat population was gone!
Several months later, the outside roaming rat and mouse population increased to
alarming levels and the city had to import a few hundred
cats from surrounding cities to get things back under control.  Stupid
ideas abound.

 Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty
neighbors too!