I actually use Frontline on incoming cats with fleas..just that once, then
it's the friendly little nematodes!

From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Lee
Evans
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2012 4:53 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Flea Products

I don't believe that the doses would be different because you break the big
one into 7 doses (as in Frontline Plus).  I was afraid to do this at first
because I thought it might somehow be different than the single doses but if
you think about it, there's no sediment at the bottom of the tube.  It's all
uniformly mixed so no possibility of different strengths from breaking up
the tube into smaller doses. What you are paying for in the standard cat
dose is the packaging.  You are paying for 3 plastic tubes instead of one
larger plastic tube.  I don't feel that plastic tubes are so great that  I
want to pay $15 extra above the cost of the ingredients.  I wish more stuff
was on a "bring your own bottle" basis.  Some stuff in the grocery store is
sold that way - peanut butter, honey, some cosmetics.  Everything else is
over-packaged so that when you finish your juice or your ketchup or
whatever, you either toss the package, bottle  into the landfill or you have
to lug it to recycle if you don't live in a city with curbside pick-up.  I
have been breaking Frontline Plus and Revolution into cat size doses for
years.  Haven't tried Advantage though because it goes by weight and that's
a little more work intensive, since I have several cats who can't fit
through the doorway and several more who could slip through the keyhole.

Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty
neighbors too!

  _____