Just an update. I took Oliver in today as he has some pretty bad acne on
his chin and while we were there I had them do a retest (snap) FIV/leukemia
test.  He was negative for both, so it appears as the first positive test
we got about a month ago was a false positive and the infection he had was
likely just another virus.  We pretty much expected this once the IFC tests
were both negative but it was nice to have confirmation.
Thanks for the all the replies with advice.
Don and Oliver