I’m not so sure how good the chances are.  My Romeo died because of this
type of lymphoma.  For him, (semi-feral), treatment would have been a
nightmare but oncologist was not that optimistic about his chances….

From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
HIDEYO YAMAMOTO
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 2:57 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Interferon

Hi Just as FYI - what your kitty, Prancer had was mediastinal lymphoma - and
it is actually one of the most tretable cancers of all - it's common among
Felk positive kitties - steroid of will almost immediately get rid of fluid
in chest cavity - and kitties with mediastinal lymphoma has a very good
chance of recovery with chemo therapy even with Felk kitties - if you join
lymphoma support group, they can tell you all about sucess stories.

There is feline omega itnerferon which you can import AbbyVet in England
which is probably the best choice as alpha (human) interferon, cats will
eventually develop antibody to the interferon -
Have you considered using LTCI?

Hideyo

  _____

CC: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org