also, have you tried dr. elsey's cat attract litter.  it's 100%
guaranteed.  works great.  cats love it.  can get coupons on  ebay

In a message dated 11/14/2012 12:19:49 P.M. Central Standard Time,
susan_hoff...@yahoo.com writes:

I adopted two cats with  intermittent litter box issues to a very clever
adopter a couple of years  ago.  These two -- gorgeous Maine Coon sisters --
would pee where they  shouldn't when they were stressed, like with rehoming
for example.  This  adopter covered her sofa with plastic wrap and then
dabbed vinegar all over  it.  She did this for a month while the girls settled
in
and bonded with  their litter boxes.  FWIW, it worked.

From: catatonya  <catato...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org"  <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:11  AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk]  Bedwetting Cat sofa advice?

Hi, I'm Tonya. I haven't been on list for quite a while. My  positive cat
DD is doing great. She is going on 14! We had some wetting  incidents over
the summer, and I was sure we were looking at kidneys, but her  vet visit
found her healthy....

I am pretty much the queen of waterproofing. And yes it does save  heating
bills in the winter!

My question is this. I have used everything mentioned for beds on  sofas to
no effect. Anyone have a peeproof sofa recommendation besides  covering in
plastic and then covering with sheets? My cat will move and pull  all the
plastic away and get some of the urine on the sofa. I have a sofa and  a love
seat turned upside down in my living room right now where I gave  up!

tonya