Bitter Apple seems to work on chewing issues.
On Nov 14, 2012, at 5:04 PM, Lee Evans wrote:

You could buy small area rugs to put near places where she jumps up and falls down so the tiles won't hurt her old bones. Most of the smaller rugs are washable. You can get some inexpensive ones at Goodwill or Salvation Army Thrift store. You can also buy plastic pillow protectors which might fit patio chair cushions.

Sheesh! I had a rescue cat who used to chew electric cords. I finally had to give her away to a woman who had an outside area that was safe for outside cats because I was afraid that the little idiot cat would eventually electrocute herself or short out all the house wiring. It's amazing what we put up with just because we have a soft heart (and probably are soft in the head too) for cats.

Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty neighbors too!

From: catatonya <catato...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Bedwetting Cat sofa advice?

Thanks Lee,

I have a 'special needs'... mentally and physically.... cat that pulls all things shiny out. I would have to use safety pins and pray she didn't kill herself trying to chew it. She chews electrical cords as well and shattered my laptop display.... She has the "bobble head" disorder. She also falls a lot..on hard tile floors....

Actually, a friend recommended I buy outdoor patio furniture with cushions made to be washed. Not a bad idea, I'm thinking. Not too comfy, but I live by myself. I could just keep all the cushions in the spare bedroom unless I have company. I kept all sofa cushions put away already, and they peed on the sofas anyway. No wicker, but they can't scratch metal. I'm considering it.

Except for the heating aspect, my bed has at least 4 waterproof quilted layers on it. When someone wets the bed I can throw off the covers, peel off the top mattress pad, shower off, grab a blanket, and go back to sleep!

I have conquered the bed and done away with carpet. I'm good except the sofas! Of course they'll just find another place if they want. They know they have the powerrrrr!

I saw a lots great ideas!

My vet said to just face the fact that if you have elderly cats they will eventually have kidney problems.... true.

tonya