Please keep him indoors, in a bathroom or somewhere, in a cage?  Why do you
think he'll test positive?   I am amazed at how you nonchalantly say he has his
claws (well, yes!  Is this unusual?  ) ... But he's not a good hunter ...   And
you must rehome or kill him.    Is this how it is?   Why does this upset me so
much?  I would first be concerned with him getting indoors, immediately. to me,
that would be first on my list.  Maybe it's just a different mindset in md?
Please bring him in somehow.   Ask a neighbor,  a friend,  family, pay
someone...  Anything, but don 't leave him out there please?

Sent from my iPhone