My vet said being in heat is more stressful than the surgery. I would wait for 
the retest, though. If still positive have a full bloodwork panel done to make 
sure she is healthy, just as you would for a senior kitty. 
Hope all goes well.


Maryam Ulomi <> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>We are looking at possibly spaying Kitty, our 5 months old FeLV rescued feral 
>baby. She is currently on the lysine and living large in her own room, 
>isolated from our other two cats, since she posted positive but we are 
>retesting her at 6months, which should be in December.
>Should we retest first and then spay?
>Is there anything we should know/do to prepare ?
>Any suggestions are welcome 
>Sent from my iPhone
>Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk mailing list

Reply via email to