From: dlg...@windstream.net [mailto:dlg...@windstream.net]
Sent: 19 November 2012 10:32 PM
To: Lauraine Venter
Subject: RE: [Felvtalk] Feline Leukemia

You would be amazed at the number of vets in the US that reccommend putting a
FELV+ cat to sleep because they feel it won't live and the costs can be high
sometimes. My vet (one of the good ones) said it was up to me, there was a
chance she could live a long life. It depends on the person living with the
cat.  How much do you love him (sorry bout that, could have sworn I saw her in
your first mail).  My Annie was 4 and is now 8 and has never been sick in that
time.  Nitnoy came with problems, a raccoon bit her tail off so she had stress
to begin with.  She still lived a normal, healthy life until 2 weeks before she
passed with her head on my shoulder.  There was no great pain for her, she
simply sighed and was gone.
One of the main things to do is avoid stress, that hurts the imune system.  The
L-Lysine will boost his immune system and hel fight off the FELV or the
secondary infection.  Because your baby is so young, it might be harder to
fight it off, but if you are conserned enough to reach out for help, he has
love to boost him and in my book that counts a lot.  I will keep both of you in
my prayers.