Perhaps this information will be useful to other folks on this list, then,
since Felv shortens lifespan in general.

Dogs are more likely to get both mammary cancer and pyometra than are cats,
and ovary retention seems to override this, along with their heat stresses.
   However, cats are polyestrous (go into heat several times a year)
whereas dogs are diestrous (two heat cycles a year), so cats have more heat
stresses, which may or may not override the ovary-retention effect.  Note
that breeders use various methods of getting cats they don't want pregnant
out of heat, so perhaps one could sufficiently reduce the stress to that of
a dog's.

I've heard of cats living to over 30, and since this study looks at the
outliers for what's possible, we might look at 30+ years as an upper bound
for cat longevity, at least non-Felv+ ones.

http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>