The saliva test is not recommended. It's not accurate at all.

Lynda

-----Original Message----- From: katskat1
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:08 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Leukemia Positive Cat

Oh yeah, there is a saliva test.  The vet takes a swab from inside the
cheek of the cat, then puts it in a test tube with purified water and
maybe something else, I don't know.  If the swab turns blue within 5
minutes the cat is supposedly positive.  Then, if it hasn't turned
blue, she takes it out and puts it in a different solution that is
supposed to make it turn blue to confirm she had a good test.