Snuggle Safes work great too.
On Dec 2, 2012, at 4:12 PM, Bonnie Hogue wrote:

Taking off on your idea for cat beds:
My mom used to make little “rice bags.” They are about 12”x10” but I think you could make other sizes. Create a bag, fill it with rice, leave room so it is “squishy” rather than firm, sew up the corner. You can put a cover on or not. Then, on a cold night, microwave the bag (3-4 mins depending upon your microwave oven) and you have a thing that stays nice and warm for hours. We use them for our feet on a cold night. My aunt used to put them out for her feral yard cat, in a box, to keep the kitty warm. She said the cat used to wait for them by the door on a cold night.
Bonnie

From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Lee Evans
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 1:50 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Cat proof furniture

It's my way of avoiding my insect phobia. I turn them into "people" and imagine what they would think in any given situation.

On another note:

Jo-Ann Stores is having a 50% off sale on fleece and flannel. Do you know anyone who can sew? I'm two left hands and 10 thumbs but someone who can sew could probably make some nice cat snuggle beds and pillow covers for cats or kids or whatever. You can get their discount coupon emails at jo-ann@email.joann.comand they will add you to their email list.

Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty neighbors too!