RE:  water bowls, mine don't swim in them, they pat the water and throw it out,
run or slide into bowl .  I hve fountain in kitchen surrounded by sponge to
soak up the spills.  i thought it was leaking so bought a new one.  took it out
on deck to test it.  it didn't leak.  man time someone slide into new one  and
knocked half of th water out.