My kitchen has a center island.  Cats like to jump from the top of the
refrigerator to the island.  Most make it nicely but Buttons, my 200 pound
porker took a flying leap, skidded across the entire counter.  The look on his
face was one of shear terror as he went over the edge and splashed down in the
water bowl.  Then he walked away with as much dignity as a soaking wet cat
could muster. After that incident, I changed the location of the water bowls to
under the outcrop of the island so if someone slides off the edge, he/she won't
land in the drink.

too!