*Hello Lee, and others,

Lee, would you, by any chance,know how I could find that true study?  I
would love to get my hands on that!

I was contacted by some residents of a small island off the coast of
Southern California,Santa Catalina Island.  The Island is owned by the
Wriggly family, same Wriggleys who make the chewing gum.  It only has about
400 or so year round residents, because it is a small island, and only a
tiny portion of it is inhabited.  Most of the island (85%) is a nature
conservancy, and the Wriggleys are very proud of this contribution to
nature and science.  Well, tourism is the mainstay of the island locals
living in Avalon (the town on the island) and people boat and fly
over,often bringing their cats,and sometimes the cats stay, either on
accident or purposefully lefty there.  So, the island has a large feral
population,as the island has no real vet or vet hospital, but only a
weekend vet, more or less.  To be fair, they weekend vet,along with help
from Pasadena Humane Society, has made an effort to TNR some of the cats
of Avalon.  The problem lies in that on the 85 percent of the island not
easily accessible to humans, some cats,though ve5ry difficult and arduous
to survive on, have taken up residence on the 85%.  So,those cats are not
only not easily trappable, if at all possible to do, but have been reeking
havoc on the islands wildlife balance.

Some of the Avalon locals contact6ed me to help with TNR and said the cats
need a solution:  Wriggleys don't want to kill them,because of the bad
publicity it would bring, but something has to be done.So while I was
preparing to present something to the Wriggley family to help solve the
problem without a bloodbath, I got another message that the Wriggleys hired
an exterminator company and most of the cats on Avalon,  were now gone.

It would be great to have that study to use right about now...  *
*
Love and Katnip,

**"I'm Kat Parker.  I park cats."**
*