The longer I live, the more inclined I am to use homeopathic first and then
traditional medicine both for myself and my cats.  It is less stressful on the
body.  Lucky for me, my vet is inclined to agree with me.  We keep a close eye
on the patient and the first sign it is not working, go for the med stuff.