 From: I-Chun C. C. Chang <changic...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:39 AM
Subject: [Felvtalk] inconsistent results from the snap and IFA tests

Dear friends,

We earlier did a snap ELISA test for my 16 yrs old indoor late stage CKD girl,
Meowko, which was positive. But We just got her confirmatory IFA test back on
Thursday, which is negative. In
order to confirm whether the first snap test was false positive, we did the
snap test again. The result was still positive (although we were told that it
is
"slightly" positive, I am not sure what this means...I guess it is like
pregnancy test's faint line? ) Before all these tests, Meowko was tested twice
negative when we adopted her and received vaccines.

I was wondering if anyone on this list has experience with contradictory
results on snap and IFA tests? or if you have any thoughts on what we can read
out of these tests? Can the contradictory results provide any clues for
Meowko's current virus infection situation and therefore treatment
possibilities?

Any thoughts and advice are appreciated. Thank you very much.

with my best,

Catherine  (& Meowko)