Must use food grade!  The food grade can be fed, mixed on wet canned food.
 Although it feels silky like baby powder, it is actually made of tiny
spiky ball shaped shlls which scratch and dehydrate.  It works mechanically
so pests can't develop immunity.  Kills internal worms when eaten in canned
food (good for kittens, ferals, or in/out cats), and can use topically or
environmentally... can be used against fleas, ants, roaches etc.  Can be
sprinkled in feral cat straw bedding in their shelters. Can be rubbed
directly into fur. Can be used in carpeting, furniture, corners, cracks,
etc if vacuumed up after a while.  I have heard to leave it a day or two.
 Just don't breathe it in, again like baby powder - avoid making clouds
while sprinkling.  Some say you can use it in the yard but I wouldn't
advise that due to all the unintended victims.  if bugs are getting in, can
put DE around foundation, just reapply after rain.  My friends had ants
really bad and DE took care of it quickly.  Get it cheap at local farm
supply.  I paid $20 for 50 lbs of food grade, enough for years.

Kg

On Thursday, June 13, 2013, Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> For fleas in your house you might want to use FOOD GRADE diatomaceous
earth. Be sure it's the food grade, not the other type because the non-food
grade can get into the lungs and cause all sorts of problems. I had a major
flea infestation in my outside enclosure shed which is home to ten cats who
are inappropriate for house living. My friend gave me a bag of food grade
diatomaceous earth which I spread on the floor of the shed and swept it on
in a very thin layer. I closed the shed door for that day and night (good
weather so the cats could be in their outside completely escape proof area.
The next day, when I went into the shed and then stepped outside, there
were no nasty black little specks hopping on my pants leg. Nothing. The
fleas were gone. It was then easier for the Frontline Plus I use on the
cats to do its thing. I even treated part of their yard with the stuff with
excellent results and no harmful chemicals. The food grade diatomaceous
earth is used as a supplement in feed for cows, horses and dogs so even if
the cats lick it off their fur, it will do no harm. It's a calcium
supplement. It's excellent for treating carpets and if you don't mind a
grey sheen on your lino or wood floors, it's good for that also. For
floors, sweep it around the woodwork along the walls and down into crevices
where the lino doesn't fit so well against the wall, if you have that
problem. It's great for dark closets and behind appliances, even for
treating sofas and futons, if you vacuum it out after a few hours.
Diatomaceous earth works on the principle of dehydrating the soft underside
of the flea. What you end up with is a dead, dehydrated flea. It works on
any insect that has a soft underside.

> Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty
neighbors too!

> ________________________________

the tail to top it off. Hopefully he can clear the Hemobart and move on.
I'll add him to the purrayers list.
> Best wishes to you and Bubba,
> Lance
> On Jun 12, 2013, at 2:51 PM, Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hey guys need some positive energy for one of my FeLV fosters - Bubba. He
had been battling a URI. Tried a couple different antibiotics, and finally,
after a week the URI cleared &  he started eating on his own last Sunday.
Well as soon as I took him off the Doxy he started going down again.
> We went to the shelter this afternoon & thankfully they had a wonderful
vet volunteering who has experience in FeLV kitties.
> We're wondering now if he has Hemobart since he starting going down after
withdrawing the Doxy. His gums were pink, though. I've had a constant
battle with fleas. Advantage was no longer working so I switched
Frontline, but that doesn't seem to be working well either.
> He got fluids, more Doxy, Prenisone, Cyproheptadine, Capstar & AD.
> On top of that it looks like he has a cat bite o his tail. Poor baby.
Going to go home tonight & spend some one-on-one time with him.
> Just being able to talk to you guys about these babies really helps. At
least I feel like someone understands how helpless I feel sometimes.