As long as it works, that is what is important.  I know this is a bit late, but
been busy taking care of Lil Bit, giving fluids, meds and syringe feeding.  All
to no avail, she passed last Friday.
When I was a child, I got ringworm and my doctor (an old vet who went to Vienna
and trained for people meds) used gentian violet on my head.  It was purple,
but got rid of the ringworm.  Ever since then, the hair on that part of my head
is curlier and thicker.