Yes, definitely.  I would get him in asap (today).  This is a worry with
any kitty and especially felv+ kitties.  Last time someone told me their
cat was eating litter, he died soon after even though they got him to the
vet (probably needed a transfusion which I don't think they tried).

Again not to scare you but given pale gums + eating litter, would rather
err to the side of caution and say get him in asap as that's definitely
worriesome.