RE:  stools, vomiting, I have noticed that for Casey, it is eating like a
glutton, hurl food 10" into her bowl and across the floor or Harley or Dee
irritate her and she hurls .  Her loose stools I have not figured out yet.
They come and go at irregular intervals.  It could be that they are also tied
to irritation.  IS IT POSSIBLE THAT CALLIE IS EASILY IRRITATED, HAS A SHORT
FUSE?  Also could be because she ((CASEY) came from a shelter, had been locked
in an 8' x 10' cage with several younger cats for a year.  She has been tested
for parasites of all kinds.  Lil Bit was there with Casey but her only bad
effects were that she hid from the others.  I finally put a litter box in the
closet for her.  She could get in and out for water and I brought her food to
the closet every feeding time so she could eat in peace and quiet.  She passed
earlier this year of a urinary track infection at 15 years.  Annie also gets
irritated with the "children" but she does not vomit or get loose stools, just
hisses, slaps at them and then runs and hides.  She was an only cat for 4 years
and lived with her owner in a small trailer.  Her owner had cancer and if she
could not find a good home for her was going to put her to sleep.  My vet kept
working on me until I gave in and took her.  The next day Kathy passed.  Her
sister put Annie in a box, brought her to the vet and I picked her up in my
carrier and brought her home to a large house with a basement.  She was
terrified of 2 people and 1 cat and stayed in the basement for 2 weeks and came
up when all was quiet and ate.  She is now 8 years, FELV positive and healthy
as can be.  In fact she has less health problems than the others.  Everyone is
on Blue Buffalo dry with canned food at least once a week and especially if I
am gone all day.  We have 2 water fountains and everyone drinks sufficient
water. AS FOR CLEANING, i USE VINEGAR AND WATER, HAVE NO CARPETS TO CLEAN.  I
ALSO VACUUM ALMOST EVERY DAY BECAUSE OF CAT HAIR FROM 5 CATS.  PEOPLE AROUND
HERE THINK I AM CRAZY FOR PAYING SO MUCH ATTENTION TO MY CATS, BUT IT IS BETTER
TO PAY ATTENTION THAN LET THEM GET SICK.
I JUST WISH THEY COULD TELL US WHAT IS WRONG.

---- Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> With Callie's weird stools, I don't feel it would be lymphoma. More likely,
> if it happens on a schedule, as you said every few weeks, it's environmental.
> Does your mom have the house cleaned with something that Callie could inhale
> or ingest?

Does she buy different cat foods for the cats? Maybe run out of one cat food,
buy another every few weeks? Check out things like that.

Well, I'm not a big fan of testing any more. My poor Bunny was tested when she
was brought to me and was positive for FeLv. I kept her more than the required
time, retested and she was negative. We all cheered. She lived with me a little
under a year from then. She came as an 8 month old teen, was spayed and given
the rabies vaccine. Stayed healthy after her retest until October of this year.
Then she just faded. She stopped playing, stopped being a silly nuisance to
Delilah and Samson and finally stopped eating. I took her to the vet because I
noticed her gums looked pale. Not flea anemia. He retested her and she was
positive for FeLv. He explained that maybe the first test was a false negative
or maybe the virus was lurking in the bone marrow as well as the regular place
in the blood. He gave her a vitamin shot, gave her anti-biotic shot and she
seemed to rally for a couple of days, ate a bit, then on Oct. 31 she just lay
down in the bed I made for her