Hi everyone,

My 12 year old FeLV+ cat has been having a slightly noisy, gurgly purr
(sounds kind of wet) for about a month now. Some days it is more
noticeable, other times it sounds more normal.

He had the same problem last year. X-ray showed a spot of pneumonia. A
round of zeniquin cleared it up.

This time we gave him 2 weeks of zeniquin. X ray showed some "congestion"
(grayer areas) at the upper portion of his lungs, but vet/radiologist said
it could also simply have been that he exhaled during the film. Xray did
not indicate enlarged lymph nodes or fluid build up. Radiologist not overly
concerned about that area as being abnormal clinically.

He also got an EKG to look at his heart - everything looked normal.

Did a blood test for thyroid levels - also normal.

He was doing some swallowing/licking his lips last night. Vet suggested
post-nasal drip.

He does tend to have some slight spring allergies - dandruff, occasional
itchy spots around eyes/ears. So could just be allergies.

He takes LTCI injections once a month.

Eating, energy level, bathroom habits all normal. Anyone else ever have a
cat that had this problem?

Katherine