From: Christine Dundas
Sent: Oct 6, 2015 1:21 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Ruthie

Hi All -
Ruthie is about a year and half.  My husband found her on the side of the road when she was a tiny kitten, and brought her home, since I work with a cat adoption association.  Unfortunately, she tested positive for FeLV, and we just decided to keep her.  She had been doing really well, but yesterday I took her to the vet because she was lethargic and not eating.  The Vet said her liver tests were way off and she had a fever, so they are keeping her and treating her with fluids, antibiotics and vitamins.  I read that FeLV cats are susceptible to liver disorders.  I guess I am wondering if this is something she may recover from with treatment, or may this be a downhill course.  The vet was also going to test her for liver flukes.

Thank you.

Christine