Wondering what the vet’s reason for not wanting to prescribe Winstrol?

Ardy

From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of ROBERT
CHAPEL
Sent: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 10:09 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Uveitis...

Thank you all for your suggestions re: Uveitis.  As I wrote the original note
more than a week ago much has happened since....  I went back to see the Vet
expecting to get Winstrol and got a different vet instead.  THIS one prescribed
Prednisolone Opthalmic Ointment 3-4X qd for the badly affected eye 2x for the
less affected... Oral Prednisolone for two weeks ( diminishing dose) and
Buprenorphine for pain......  My guy is improving quite a bit and I am so
happy.....  BUT... this vet is not on board with prescribing Winstrol ...
Won't go into my impressions as to why at this time.....     Anyone know if
improvement lasts for any length of time once the cortisone is discontinued or
must it be continued ( at a lower dose) indefinitely.....  From Everything I
have read this is a generally chronic condition that only remits....

Again....thank you all for your input and suggestions....  It is a BIG help.