Rachel:
While I would like, of course, to see more people take the animals that are harder to place, you are hardly to be critiqued for giving a needy animal(s) a home.....   I wouldn't take Kittens at my age ( 64) simply because there is a good chance that I would not outlive them ( with current health concerns) and I don't have anyone to leave them with when I go...  It KILLS me when I see animals that lived in a home for most of their lives brought to our shelter at age 14 or older because the owner passed away or became too infirm to take care of them any more.  Worse still when someone finds out ,after having the animal 10 years that they are " allergic " ( but I won't start on that one)....  Enjoy them....they add such energy to a household!! My one 9 month old still acts as though he is 6 weeks old and I VERY much wish he weighed the same today....He'd wreck the place if I didn't keep an eye on him constantly....

Bob