Kitties stop eating for a number of reasons. I can only speak from my
experiences. My FeLV kitty stopped eating and gagged on syringe fed food
when he had enlarged lymph nodes pressing against his stomach and
esophagus. The lymphoma was the end for him, and I wish I had not waited so
long to take him in because I feel he suffered on the last day.

My other FELV cat has stopped eating numerous times in his life. Once,
because he had an upper respiratory infection causing general malaise and
inability to smell his food. Antibiotics and Hills A/D helped with that.
More recently it was from stomatitis - inflammation of his gums. He would
run in pain every time he took a bite. Hiding under the bed and crying.

With all the throwing up I would also be worried about dehydration. If he's
nauseated, ask your vet about pepcid and/or an appetite stimulant like
mirtazapine. I use a handheld immersion blender to blend up cans of food
with water. Makes it into a soup and they can lick it up easily. But
sometimes you just have to syringe feed.

I'm sorry, I know exactly how this feels. Just give him lots of love.