My 7.5 Y/O cat tested positive (ELISA) for Felv about a month ago.  She had
yeast ear infections that would not go away and had lost weight so I had her
tested to see if there was a problem with her immune system and blood workup.
When my vet told me that she tested positive of FELV, she said that she also
had some blood work issues.  I was just devastated by the news so I kind of
blanked out what she said (especially as the vet said it basically was a death
sentence).  So this past week I asked for a copy of her blood work.  When she
had her blood work she had just finished 2 weeks of Fluconazole (systematic
fungal medication)  as the vet thought this would help her yeast ear infection.
   What popped out of the blood work was Albumin (high), Sodium (high),
platelet count (really low), lymphocytes (low),  and Absolute Limphocy (low).
A note at the bottom of the test said that clots are detected in the sample and
CBC results may be affected. Does anyone know what this all m
 eans? The platelet count was so low that if it was accurate,  I thought she
should would have bled to death by now.   I am wondering if the fungal
medication had any effect on her blood work.  I think the medication was hard
on her body.   My cat has been more active this past week but I have noticed
that she goes in cycles of where she wants to eat and does not want to eat.