From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Randy
Henke
Sent: December-23-16 11:02 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org<mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FW: Questioning FELV diagnosis

The situation with Curly is getting a bit more complicated but in a good way.
Her blood work a week ago showed an RBC of 9 which is critically low. White
cell count was 3.1. After one week of Prednisone her white cell count is 3.7
which is the low end of normal and her red blood cell count is up to 13 which
is still very low but a very significant increase in just one week. So the
Prednisone alone is making a big difference. We've now had two positive ELISA
tests, a negative IFA and severe anemia that is responding well to just
Prednisone. I am very confused. Even our vet seems surprised by the sudden
improvement in her numbers. He thinks we should do a bone marrow biopsy for a
definitive FELV diagnosis but I don't really want to put her through that
procedure.
We did start the Winstrol a day ago so I would think that could only help more.
We should be tapering down the Prednisone dose at this time but our vet now
wants to continue the full dosage for another two weeks before running another
CBC. And the Doxy will be started on Monday. I'm beginning to think she might
pull out of this crisis and we might have a little more time with her.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 9:46 PM, Ardy Robertson