Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:26 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Spice didn't make it

I have been putting off and putting off this letter.  I had high hopes for
Spice.  She started out responding well to the treatment, and I really thought
that we'd make it.  However, after about a month, she suddenly started having
trouble breathing.  The vet took x-rays, and she had an enlarged  heart, was
retaining water in her abdomen, and had a tumor on her liver.  I decided that
she'd had enough, and had her euthanized.  She was purring the whole time, and
went quietly as I petted her.  Thank all of you for your encouragement and your
information and your research.  I do wish we'd find a sure-fire cure, and
REALLY wish people would get their cats vaccinated young.  My big cat, Budda,
misses her, I can tell, even though they were not close buddies.  There are a
couple of stray kittens who have showed up in on my street, and I'm going to
try to catch and tame them.  I've done it before, and contrary to common
opinion, I have found that they make fine pets.  My best to all of you and your
kitties.

Judy