Hello, Maribel,

Thank you for this very specific information. It’s quite helpful, and just what
I needed to know.

Baby, when she stays here, is in my studio, which has a heavy sliding-glass
door between Felix and Cuddles who are both vaccinated against FeLV. The other
four cats are much farther away, with no doors in common with Baby. Of those
four, three are also vaccinated against FeLV, except for Cyril, who is
FIV-positive.

We might vaccinate Cyril with the Merck killed vaccine this March if his blood
antibody titers indicate that’s he doesn’t need any of the core vaccinations
boosted, and if his other health parameters indicate that he could mount an
immune response to the vaccine.

I won’t vaccinate Cyril with the more common recombinant canarypox
live/attenuated FeLV vaccines because he had a horrible reaction to the
live/attenuated Chlamydia component in the FVRCPC vaccine. Never again! Going
forward we will check antibody titers first, and skip specific vaccinations if
their  titers are adequate.

We have three cat-fenced pens (PurrFect Fence). Baby has controlled access to
one, but so far is only lukewarm re going outside. If I let her out, I plan to
leave an hour or so afterward before letting Cyril into the same pen -- or
better yet, while she’s staying here, he can use one of the other two. Baby is
only here with us 1x or 2x per year.

Thank you,

- Lorraine

"Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no
one can imagine."  - Alan Turing