As others have mentioned in reply to your post, I have used a combination of
Winstrol (Stanozolol), Doxycycline and Prednisone. The blood work seems to show
that there is an affect on both the red cell lines and platelets. That suggests
that this is a bone marrow depression, and in turn that suggests that this is
likely the effect of FeLV. My experience has been that the Winstrol seems to
turn back on or encourage the growth of new bone marrow cells, and is really
great for increasing red cell indices (red cell counts, haematocrit,
haemoglobin, reticulocyte count), and I saw it take effect pretty quickly. My
cat's haematocrit was down to 10 after two separate rounds of blood transfusion.

By the way, I don't understand the explanation in your email, that you've been
told that the blood transfusion wasn't effective because of too much IV fluids.
That doesn't make a lot of sense. You are still infusing the same volume of red
cells, whether that is diluted by the IV fluids or not. I agree that the lab
results may show a dilution effect because of the IV fluids, but that just
means that when the excess fluid is pee'd out, then the haematocrit result will
go up. By the way, if there is truly a dilution effect, it will show on a
number of lab results like sodium, potassium, urea and platelets.

What I had my cat on was:           Winstrol (stanozolol)
1 mg, 2 times a day (though this can be dramatically increased if necessary)
                                             Doxycycline
              50 mg daily (can be given once, or split to 25 mg, 2 times a day)
                                             Prednisone/Prednisolone
  5 mg daily (can be given once, or split to 2.5 mg, 2 times a day)

Amani