Gloria......

    As everyone else has expressed, I am so deeply saddened to read of MBK's passing.  Mr. Black Kitty belonged to all of us on this List.  I don't get to add much to the List because of time constraints, but I always looked for MBK reports.  He was the epitome of catness.  He had strength, he persevered, he conquered, he loved, he was loved.  I will miss so much the almost daily reports of him.  He was so fortunate to have had your loving, forever home for his last year on this earth.  You were so fortunate to have had his loving, strong, delightful spirit abide with you this last year and we were so fortunate to share him with you.

    As a long time Veterinary Technician, I feel that you could not have done another thing to keep Mr. Black Kitty on this earth.  >From what you described, MBK was in renal failure at the end which culminated in the final seizure.  He was feeling no pain at that time.  His body had given up, but his spirit was already winging its way to heaven at the Bridge.  At the end, I believe he was free of pain and rejoicing with his other friends at the Bridge.  I feel he is an angel sitting on your shoulder watching over you.  He knows the care and love you gave him his last year.  He will guide another little kitty being to you in time so that you can care for another as you cared for Mr. Black Kitty.

    May all of our tears, thoughts, love and caring help to ease your grief.  We will always remember Mr. Black Kitty.  Please know I am thinking of you.

--

     Brenda.....

     http://www.whiskersandwicks.com
     http://www.cheqnet.net/~bksmith

"The only risk you ever run in befriending a cat is enriching yourself." - Colette

Don't Take Your Organs To Heaven.  Heaven Knows We Need Them Here.