Gloria,

I was so sad to read about Nicky and MIttens.  You have been in my thoughts often, especially in relation to all the sadness associated at the end with your sister.  I hope that you can feel some comfort in the knowledge that you have always done the best you could, with both your companion animals and sister and that eventually all this horror of cancer will leave and you will be left with nothing but beautiful, loving and joyous memories
Take care,

Joan

"Gloria B. Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I haven't written much, mostly because of the death of my sister, and being
in NYC dealing with her hospitalization, funeral, and belongings. I've had
wonderful friends tending to my kitties, and two kitties, Mittens and
Nicky, had already been sick off and on.

The vet today gave me the straight skinny: Nicky, who's non-FELV and is
18.5 yrs old, has mouth cancer. Mittens, who's FELV+ and 2 years old, may
have brain involvement in his lymphoma. He was diagnosed with Medastinal
lymphoma in early August 2003. Even though I knew they were so very ill,
it was so sad to hear this and to know the end it near.

The vet said that Mitts is "knocking on heavens door" right now, and Nicky
may be gone before Christmas. I really appreciated her frankness, and
believe it's the truth.

She gave both some ozone (at my request) rectally, a! nd I got some other
meds and stuff to try out. Due to my sisters death, I 'inherited' an ozone
machine that allows me to ozonate water, so i will do that for the
kitties. I also "inherited" some POly-MVA.

ANyway - please add my Mittens and my Nicky to the Special Needs list -
both need some help and support! Anybody have any experience dealing with
mouth cancer, or lymphoma gone to the brain?

Thanks much -

Gloria

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now