Julie,

Here's hoping that all goes well with Mojo.  I have had cats with fevers that high as well--and all turned out just fine.  In my experience, i.v. fluids generally work wonders and that he is eating is a really good sign (as I know, you know).

Hugs,

Joan

Julie Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Friends,

I ask your help with good wishes and prayers for Mojo; I rushed him to the ER yesterday afternoon when he began to cry and stagger.  It looked eerily like his bout with toxoplasmosis 3 years ago and in fact, that is what is suspected, although they won't know for sure until the complete bloodwork is back.

At one point last night his fever had climbed to 107 (it was 106 when I got him there) despite IV fluids.  They administered a small dose of steroids to try and get the fever down and keep it down, and as of this morning it's down to about 104.  He's licking food off their fingers (Yes, he's eating! Not much, but still interested) and pretty much snuggled up in his blanket.

Although he is nearly 5 years old, he is tiny; the size of a 6 month old kitten and only you all can understand how empty a house can feel when one of the babies isn't there.  He's the sweetest boy ever, and we are so missing his clown-ish ways.

I'm hoping that the high sustained fever and recurrance of the dormant infection will not necessarily lead to increased neurological damage, but we'll deal with whatever comes.  We just want him home and feeling well, so please keep him in your thoughts and send some healing vibes his way.

Hugs to everybody, Julie

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

by the way its animals are treated."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Paws Come WITH Claws - If you're thinking about de-clawing your cat, you need to re-think your decision to acquire a pet.

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?