Barbara, and anyone else .... how long can they stay on Lysine 500 mg bid?  TiTia has the herpes eye thing and I keep her on 250 bid and increase to 500 bid during an outbreak ... I'd like to go with the 500 to prevent the outbreak if that is safe.

Del
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: Sharing food

i do not let mine share food dishes because the little buggers lick their plates and to me, that's "sharing saliva"(tho they do try claiming they're starving!!) ...however nothing i can do about litter boxes sharing in a mixed household. Jelly roll tested negative at 8 wks old then was positive a year later even tho he'd had vacs and was on vit c and other supplements. he came from a litter of 3 and his biggest sister died at 12 weeks and i never had an autopsy done. his other sister, Princess who is negative(knock on wood), does have feline herpes-and red that runs from her eyes and sneezes if I dont' keep her on lysine 2x day 500 mg.
barbara