That's the best way for them to leave, just because they're worn out from a good long life of love:)  You just treasure him while he's there and pamper him and give him some extra smoochies from auntie barb:)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Yay...how sweet him touching you with his paw and sleeping with you.  :)
I have a Smokey too he is 19yrs old his health is declining because his body is just wore out. He has seen alot come and go over the course of the years. His usual weight in the past was 22 pounds but has gone down to 8-9 pounds in the last two months.
All negative and positive kitties know him as the "Boss Man" of the herd here on the front! They know he is declining as well and respect him give him a lick or two on the top of his head with their tongues when passing by him.
The Vets have stated he has lived a good life with me that he is wearing out and he is tired. I've had him since he was a baby.