LOL mine almost always go when I do!! *giggle*

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Here's another off the wall suggestion... If the litter box Lucy is
using is in the bathroom, you might try it. I want you to know, I
wouldn't share this with anyone other than those on this list... I find
that my kitties use the litter box after a) I've just cleaned it,
(sometimes while I'm cleaning it), and b) when I'm going to the bathroom
myself! I don't know if it's because I'm their surrogate mom, (I've had
them since they were only 2 1/2 weeks old), or it's just some sort of
natural comaraderie thing. I can just hear everyone thanking me for the
visual!
Nina

Nina wrote:

> Well, there's an exercise in frustration for you. I don't like the
> idea of them having to extract the urine sample from the bladder, it
> seems very stressful to put her through that. I'd avoid it, if I
> could. Don't wait too ! long though. I'd put some sort of time limit
> on giving the things you're trying time to work. If it's possible to
> know exactly why Lucy's experiencing these symptoms, there may be a
> relatively quick fix. I'm sorry I didn't do some more drastic
> intervention with Gypsy when she was healthier. I wish I had a
> reliable crystal ball to help me make some of the decisions around here.
> Nina
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> It's a good idea. I'll try it if I have to, if the Baytril does not
>> do the trick. The problem is I need to sit with her and wait,
>> because she is with 2 others and I do not want to sample their urine
>> instead. I waited over 30 minutes with the Nosorb pellets and I
>> could tell she really needed to go, but she refused until I finally
>> put her litter back and then she ran in the box and went.
>> Michelle
>>
>> In a message dated 2/2/05 3:03:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>>
>> Chris' answer reminded me of something Sally had suggested when I
>> was
>> trying in vain to get a liquid stool sample from Gypsy. Because the
>> litter was too absorbent, she suggested using tiny aquarium
>> stones in
>> the litter box. Do you think Lucy would comply with that?
>> Nina

"My cat the clown: paying no mind to whom he should impress. Merely living his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
- Anonymous

Do you Yahoo!?