Good luck with the diet.  I'm surprised that the pH of her urine didn't clue them in as to which kind of crystal it is - or is likely to be.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I got Lucy an ultrasound and xray today and she has a large bladder stone.
They can not tell from any of the tests if it is from struvite or oxylate
crystals that caused the stone. Stones caused by the former can sometimes be
dissolved over time with a special diet, while stones by the latter need to be
removed by surgery which is dangerous for an FELV+ cat because surgery often
triggers the virus to become active. The plan is to try the diet for a month and
re-xray to see if there is any change.

I am glad she does not have cancer. I am of course worried about the stone,
and feel bad because she must be very uncomfortable as it takes up about half
her bladder when empty.

Just wanted to let you know as I have posted about her and asked questions.

Thanks,
Michelle L.

Barb+Smoky the House P! uma+El Bandito Malito

"My cat the clown: paying no mind to whom he should impress. Merely living his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
- Anonymous

Do you Yahoo!?